As featured on
I’m not sure who’s more excited about the opening of Clayton’s Bakery & Bistro—me, owner Mary Frese, or the collective Coronado community.
I met with Frese, who also owns and operates Clayton’s Diner and Clayton’s Mexican Takeout in Coronado, on a bright Sunday morning. Patrons, eager to sample the house made pastries and coffee drinks, waited in a line that extended out to the sidewalk. While we settled in to chat, multiple local folks stopped by our little table to offer their congratulations and compliments to Frese on what will surely become a very popular business.
Located in the space that formerly housed both Alexander’s Pizza and Fire + Fly Artisan Pizza at 849 Orange Avenue, the spot has been transformed into a 1900’s European style boulangerie and bistro, decorated with copper tin ceiling tiles, Carrara marbled countertops, and walnut-stained beadboard. The lighting is vintage Edison style, which reflects off the copper ceiling, creating a warm, inviting glow throughout the space.
- Osher Lecture Available
- Nicole Tallent Is The Emerald Keeper Of The Month
- Art for Wildlife Gallery To Hold Store Closing/Downsizing Sale
- Optimist Club Of Coronado Awards Scholarships
- City Of Coronado Schedules For The Fourth Of July
- Boating Sober And Social Distancing Tips For July 4th
- Emerald C Gallery To Host Three-Woman Art Show Starting July 3
- Coronado Celebrates 130th Birthday With Virtual Community Challenge
- Navy Region Southwest And Coronado Unified School District Agree On Lease Terms For Child Development Center
- A Visit With Coronado High School Class Of 2020 Valedictorian Brendan Chapko
- Fourth Of July Decorating Contest
- Coronado Dog Beach, Sunset Park Reopened
- A Message From The Superintendent
- Three Local Sixth Graders Donate Fundraising Money To Local Charities
- Coronado City Council Approves Caltrans Relinquishment Package For State Routes 75 And 282
- Thomas R. Golden
- From CIFF: A Spooky But Compelling New Thriller, “Shirley”
- March Against Racism In The Coronado Schools
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.